Subject: Re: mirrored root w/ raidframe - howto install bootblock?
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/14/2006 23:08:37
On Sun, 14 May 2006, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> 	Hello.  I think you can use block number 64, because that's where the
> contents of the raid filesystem begin.  That should install, and the boot
> block should then be able to read /boot from the ffs filesystem in the
> raid, which begings at block 64.

Can you please explain that '64' to me?
As far as I understand, I need to find the block that /boot from raid0a is
placed at, relative to the start of the physical disk. fsdb(8) told me the
file is in blocks 1560 and up relative to raid0a, so I cannot imagine how
this fits together so that the first stage bootloader that I'd like to
put onto sd0a finds it at block #64? Or is my picture plain wrong?

  - Hubert