Subject: SparcStation 20 problem with NetBSD 3.0
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Bruno Gallant <scion@bsdnode.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/11/2006 23:20:29
Hello,

I have been a FreeBSD user for many years, but my first try with
NetBSD gives me some issues.  I have an old SPARCstation 20 and tried
to install 3.0 on it.  Here are the things I noticed that was not
working correctly:

1- The install script asked me if I wanted to configure the network,
which I did, but it did not get configured.

2- I have no cursor!  Pretty hard to configure stuff with vi like
that.  (I read somewhere that I would have to install the kernel
sources and recompile.  Makes senss, but see next problem)

3- sushi core dumps each time I want to configure things with it, or
try to install a new package or the kernel sources.

I am a bit lost, but I really want to learn.

Thanks.

--=20
# Bruno Gallant - scion@bsdnode.net - bsdnode@gmail.com -
http://serenity.bsdnode.net

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of
Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the
shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in
motion.