Subject: Re: Watchdog reset on SS20
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Hallmann <hallmann@wawa.ahatec.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/07/2006 22:45:54
On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 07:48:42PM +0200, Laurent FAILLIE wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I own an SS20 having only one cpu : RT626 @ 180Mhz

Nice machine guy,

> I have installed 3.0 (binary distribution from
> NetBSD's depot). Unfortunately, after some hours of
> quite heavy loading, I've got a "Watchdog reset" and
> went to the 'ok' prompt (no other message).

on the ok prompt use printenv.
there is a flag called "reboot_after_watchdog_reset?  "

with setenv reboot_after_watchdog_reset? true

it will at least come up  again.

> I saw on the some references on this mailling list
> about this problem (i.e:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc/2006/02/08/0000.html)
>  but w/o any reference to SS20.

Well that was me and those issues still persists.
I think same issue an a SS20 quite resonable.

> Does this bug impact my SS20 ?
> If so, can I ride of it by compiling a new kernel w/
> updated
> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/arch/sparc/sparc/cpu.c?f=h)
> ? (I have to only update this one ?).

The fixes are all in the 3.0 stable branch.
Try cvs -q update -r netbsd-3 to get them.
But even so the frequence of hangs detected by the watchdog has degraded,
it still succing.

Moreover i have the impression that its filesystem related.

Can't speek for current, since the isp-scsi-driver seems is broken.
Anybody tell us please?

> What are the compilations options I have to use to got
> better performances on this machines ?

devel/cpuflags should do fine for this machine.

--
NetBSD: If you happen to have any problem with your uptime.