Subject: Re: Novice build.sh / mk.conf Questions
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff <beaker@freeshell.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/02/2006 21:34:35
"Bruce O'Neel" <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> My /etc/mk.conf looks like:

Thanks for the reply.  Yeah, I think -mcpu=hypersparc just isn't
gonna work for me.  I can get through compiling w/o errors on
the generic kernels but they won't boot.  Well, they start to
boot, then fail with

Async
Watchdog reset

The docs for build.sh say one should start the _whole_ process over
if errors occur so I just blew away everything - it takes too long
to build natively.  Think I'll just try optimizing OpenSSH and
various things from pkgsrc.  I'll give build.sh a go again once I
get a fast system suitable for cross-builds.  Would be nice to have
pre-made v8 sparc install sets made available; these days it seems
most of the sparc tinkering is with SS5 and higher.

Cheers,
Jeff