Subject: pkgsrc optimum update graph?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Heitzso <heitzso@growthmodels.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/01/2006 06:33:58
On my old/slow dual hypersparc ss20 I update /usr/pkgsrc
with 'cvs update' then run 'linkpkgsrc -i' and finally
start in on compiling the new packages.

Happened to start w/ gtk2+ and that took a solid day
because every package that uses gtk2+ seems to get
recompiled along with it.  That finished and I then start
the 'make update' on tiff, but, WHAT! gtk2+ uses tiff
so updating tiff starts the gtk2+ update process all
over again!

QUESTION:

Is there any tool that can analyze the output of
'lintpkgsrc -i' and tell me the optimum sequence
to 'make update' in the outdated packages?

Thanks,
Heitzso

Perhaps this email would be better sent to another list,
but I'm not sure a different architecture would appreciate
the problem as much as an old sparc user would.