Subject: sparc man pages
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: doomwarrior <doomwarriorx@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/24/2006 20:54:58
Hi
because i was disappointed that some sparc related devices have no man
pages. I started to create some for them. I will attach the cat of my
first versions below. But I have a diffrent question, which copyright
should the man pages contains? The one of the author of the specific driver?
Please give me some suggestions, typos, gramatical issues and of course
if something is not correct and so on...

Best Regards

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TIMER(4)             NetBSD/sparc Kernel Interfaces Manual
TIMER(4)

NAME
     timer - Timer driver for Sun SPARC computers

SYNOPSIS
     timer0 at mainbus0                # sun4c
     timer0 at obio0                   # sun4m
     timer0 at obio0 addr 0xef000000   # sun4/300

DESCRIPTION
     The timer device is used to generate cloacks for the NetBSD kernel.

     The hardclock is provided by the timer register and the statistics
clock
     by CPU counter registers.

SEE ALSO
     sparc/clock(4)

HISTORY
     The timer appeared in NetBSD 1.0.

NetBSD 2.1                       March 1, 2005
NetBSD 2.1
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLOCK(4)             NetBSD/sparc Kernel Interfaces Manual
CLOCK(4)

NAME
     clock, oclock - Clock driver for Sun SPARC computers

SYNOPSIS
     clock0 at mainbus0                # sun4c
     clock0 at obio0                   # sun4m
     clock0 at obio0 addr 0xf2000000   # sun4/300

     ooclock0 at obio0 addr 0xf3000000 # sun4/200
     ooclock0 at obio0 addr 0x03000000 # sun4/100

DESCRIPTION
     The clock device contains common timer, clock and eeprom routines
for the
     NetBSD kernel.

     The second interrupt is used to drive statistics clock, expect sun4/100
     and sun4/200 machines, which don't have a spare timer device.

HARDWARE
     The clock driver provides support for the following chips:

           Dallas DS1287A
           Intersil 7170
           Mostek Mk48T02
           Mostek Mk48T08

SEE ALSO
     sparc/timer(4)

HISTORY
     The clock appeared in NetBSD 1.0.

NetBSD 2.1                       March 1, 2005
NetBSD 2.1
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AUXREG(4)            NetBSD/sparc Kernel Interfaces Manual
AUXREG(4)

NAME
     auxreg - Sun SPARC auxiliary register

SYNOPSIS
     auxreg0 at mainbus0 # sun4c
     auxreg0 at obio0    # sun4m
     options BLINK

DESCRIPTION
     The auxreg device contains controls for the front panel LED and various
     status bits for the SPARC sparc/fdc(4) floppy controller.

     options BLINK force the front panel LED to blink

SEE ALSO
     sparc/fdc(4)

HISTORY
     The auxreg appeared in NetBSD 1.0.

NetBSD 2.1                       March 1, 2005
NetBSD 2.1