Subject: Re: [maybe off topic] Why does adding a VSIMM convert a SS20 to a SS10/SX?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/21/2006 19:59:26
Hi,

Well, to record this for future reference.

The 8meg VSIMM in the slot closest to the CPUs (seems) to make
the MBUS run at 40mhz, so the sbus runs at 20mhz.

If I move the VSIMM to the slot furthest from the CPUs
and closest to the front of the system then the MBUS runs
at 50mhz and the sbus runs at 25mhz.  On systems this
slow every little bit helps.

Surely that was documented somewhere...

cheers

bruce