Subject: Re: Wscons in NetBSD 3
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/31/2006 10:03:18
> Hmm, the tcx header seems to indicate that there is some sort of
> blitter but nobody knows how to use it, the XFree86 driver is
> unaccelerated as well.

I don't know about 8bpp tcx.  But 24bpp tcx - the S24 - I know
something about.  It does not have a blitter in the usual sense of the
term; it does have some screen-to-screen copy acceleration, but it's
only a mild form of acceleration, copying from 1 to 32 pixels per
64-bit write cycle.  8bpp tcx may or may not be similar; I don't know.

I have a doc file on the S24 up for FTP from
ftp.rodents.montreal.qc.ca:/mouse/docs/Sun/S24/memory-map (the filename
is a historical artifact).  It describes the blit support (among other
things).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign