Subject: Re: Wscons in NetBSD 3
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Victor Lagerkvist <plumsaren@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/29/2006 12:41:45
On 1/29/06, Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Hmm, I'm not sure how keymaps are handled by wscons, especially with Sun
> keyboards - all of mine use the standard US layout. It may well be that
> we don't have a us.dvorak layout definition for Sun keyboards.

Well then, I guess I have to create a layout by myself. Do you know
where the standard keyboard layouts are located in the system? If I
have the US layout as a reference it should be a simple task...

> It is :)
>
> > dbri0 at sbus0 slot 2 offset 0x10000 level 9: rev e
> > dbri0: onboard CS4215 detected
> > dbri0: cs4215 ver 1 found at offset 0
> > audio0 at dbri0: half duplex, mmap
>
> Does audio work for you?
> The driver is fairly new and output-only so far.

I didn't even know that it had a sound card :) Are there any
integrated speakers? Because I don't think I have any external
speakers that fits the bill here. Also, the "system beep" doesn't work
with the new kernel, but I don't know whether that's related to the
sound card or not.

Also, might I ask what you did to get a working kernel with wscons (in
case I have to do it myself in the future). Is it a standard
current-kernel?