Subject: Sun system testing at FreeGeek underway
To: NetBSD Sparc Users List <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Ted Havelka <ted@cs.pdx.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/26/2006 10:34:23
Hello NetBSD community,

Just a heads up from Ted in Portland, Oregon.  A couple weeks back I sent
out an announcement about Sun systems that have been donated to our
non-profit, community-based computer refurbishing and education center
called FreeGeek.  I've tested to the point of posting about a dozen of our
25 Sun systems.

Some of you have already e-mailed expressing interest in purchasing both
Sparc and Ultra systems.  I haven't hammered out the details with the
Thriftstore, but the older Sparc will likely sell for between $5 and $15 a
piece, with few exceptions.  The Ultra 10s and an Ultra 60 will sell for
between $40 and $100 most likely.  But I still need to confirm this with
the sales folks at FreeGeek.

So far all but one system has posted.  I'm removing the hard drives, most
of which are smaller than 4GB.  If it makes a difference to you, I can
work to reinstall wiped, tested hard drives of about the 4 - 5 GB class in
these Sun systems.  Small, but enough to get up and running.

I prefer to move Sun systems along to local users, as my time is limited.
But I'm willing to package and ship items for those that no locals claim,
and assuming buyer pays shipping.

I'd like to see all the Sun systems go to new homes and back into use.

I'll first contact those who've already e-mailed me, in the order I
received their messages of interest, once I have a complete list of
systems and system statae.  What's left over I'll announce after the first
big "clear out".  As new items come in, I'll periodically post to the
port-sparc list a note about them, barring objections.

Take care all,

- Ted
                                       -   O
Portland State Aerospace Society    -   _<_\_         Veris Industries
http://psas.pdx.edu                    W >\_             www.veris.com
ted@cs.pdx.edu                        ( ) ( )    ted.havelka@veris.com