Subject: Re: disk for SS20 ?
To: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/25/2006 11:02:24
On 25-Jan-2006 Bruce O'Neel wrote:
> That's quite usefull to know.  Thanks.

Not as useful as you'd hoped though.  Generally the control jumper for this is
part of the 80 SCA pins, meaning you can't get to it.  I haven't seen any of
the semi-modern (9gb or larger) SCA drives that have a second bank of jumpers
to set those.  So if they are not set by the SCA backplane, you are out of
luck.  (Unless there is a firmware trick to enable it)

I actually highly doubt that SS20's do this, because SS20's have the primary
drive wired to id3 and the secondary to id0.  The delay start jumper usually
delays N seconds * the ID.. meaning that your primary drive would be the second
to fire up.

All that being said.. I've noticed that my multipack at work does do delayed
startup.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/