Subject: quick questions ....
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Heitzso <heitzso@growthmodels.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/20/2006 17:47:38
Some of these questions are not limited to sparc, but thought
they might be trivial and hence easily answered on this list ...

There's /usr/src/*/gcc and /usr/pkgsrc/*/gcc ... why, and what is
the correct way to update this/these?

What about /usr/src/x11 and /usr/pkgsrc/x11?  My postinstall
check is complaining about x11 not correctly installed.  But
I don't know where to start re x11 given /usr/src and /usr/pkgsrc.

Trying to update glib is causing me grief.  I'm running version
from recent CD posted, but then pulled down CVS pkgsrc.
lint is reporting my glib is old.  I go into glib and run
    make update
I'm guessing early on the package delete is breaking but
the make runs on.  Eventually, some 6 hours later or so,
after compiling and building the whole glib world, it fails
with the error message that the earlier version of glib is still
laying around.  What's the recommended way to fix this?

I love PHP5 and all of my newer boxes run PHP5.  But I need
to setup and test a 3rd party app stuck back in the stone age
which is why I'm turning on my ss20, etc. and upgrading it.
But it appears official PHP for 3.0 is PHP5 (yeah!) but I need
to run PHP4 (groan!).   I believe it used to be possible to
force PHP to be PHP4 by adding PHP_VERSION=4 in mk.conf
Is this still possible in NetBSD 3.0?

THANKS!