Subject: SunOS emulation libdl.so
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Antonio Bravo <tonio@abravo.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/17/2006 19:02:25
again the same old topic of emulation...

Now that my SS20 runs the cg14 24-bit, I tried to use the solaris Opera or Firefox under SVR4 emulation.Still no luck.I got the options built in the kernel and a whole Solaris 8 mounted on /emul/svr4/. No Solaris binary runs.
But SunOS does, which makes possible to use the old, non-compliant, but fast Netscape-4.61.
Ok, the libraries needed in case one hasn't SunOS on a disk, are documented on the FAQ.
Only libdl.so.1.0 (SunOS 4.1.x) isn't easily available.
For my convenience I've bundled a tarball with everything needed, libdl included.It's 514kb.
Available here:
http://bsd.landstrykere.net/NetBSD/sparc/SunOS_emul/
ftp://landstrykere.net/NetBSD/sparc/SunOS_emul/
the "SunOS-emulation.tgz" file.Unpack it and you get the /emul/sunos ready to go.

Hope that could help other people.

antonio.
--
"Men alt dette er ikke begyndelsen", Knut HAMSUN, 1892