Subject: Sun gear available at FreeGeek, Portland Oregon
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Ted Havelka <ted@cs.pdx.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/04/2006 00:56:35
Hello again NetBSD users,

Ted Havelka writing in from Portland.  I received several messages of
interest regarding my post of available Sun systems and components from
FreeGeek, ranging from Sparc 5s up into a couple models of the Ultra.

I'm making a list of persons and their specific interests.  Thus far it
looks like I'll be able to meet most people's requests partially and some
fully.  There's some additional Sun gear I just learned about at FreeGeek,
but haven't had a chance to inventory it.  I'll post again once I obtain
that information.

As I test gear and find working units of what people have asked for, I'll
contact individuals via e-mail about it.

The NetBSD community members who can come to FreeGeek in person would, for
practical reasons, have their requests fulfilled the quickest.  But I am
not ruling out shipping items to those who live far away but will pay
shipping.  There's been some of that level of interest also, interestingly
mostly in the older Sparc as opposed to Ultra gear.

I am curious, do most port-Sparc NetBSD users run their systems without
monitors?  We may have a couple of working Sun monitors, which I be3lieve
FreeGeek's thrift store would sell for $5 or $10 per.  I will test what
Sun monitors I encounter.  I imagine there would only be local takers for
these.

Thanks everyone,

- Ted
                                       -   O
Portland State Aerospace Society    -   _<_\_         Veris Industries
http://psas.pdx.edu                    W >\_             www.veris.com
ted@cs.pdx.edu                        ( ) ( )    ted.havelka@veris.com