Subject: Re: NMI: system interrupts: 40000000
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/02/2006 18:50:22
>>> Wasn't that the MicroSPARC's way to complain about RAM parity
>>> errors?
>> Was it?  I don't know.  The M bit is not set (SINTR_M); that seems
>> to be the memory error indicator, based on the code - or is that
>> only for machines with real ECC, not just parity?
> My SPARCbook ( which has a MS-II ) spewed errors like that when
> something touched the right bits in a faulty SIMM ( and never did it
> again after I replaced them ).  I'm just not 100% sure it's /exactly/
> the same number ( only 98.5% or so ;) )

Is there anything akin to memtest86+ for SPARCs?  I did a little poking
around and I saw some indications that some of the Linux people have
developed something like that for Linux; anyone know of anything
similar either standalone or NetBSD?

I've picked up the memtest86+ source tarball (1.65) and will be looking
at building something that does similar tests on SPARCs....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign