Subject: Re: 2.0 and Mysql Hangs
To: <>
From: Henri Servomaa <hs@ubit.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/09/2005 15:41:00
Paul wrote:
> All,
>
> I put together a sparc10 running 2.0 a while ago, decided to get
> mysql/php setup and found I can't keep mysqld running. I've used the
> mysql sparc pkg and also compiled mysql. Using various php (4.4) code
> will hang the sql server, won't let me kill mysqld and require a reboot.
> Thinking about an upgrade to 2.1 but that seems drastic. A search did
> not bear fruit. Any help appreciated.
>
>              ()  ()      Paul Buehler
>           ----/---/-----  Freestate Networks (301) 776-9886
>                           cell (240) 643-3112

I have a similar problem on a sun U5 running sparc64 2.0.2
But I have no PHP.
What happens is that after a random time, I cannot
connect using mysql. Then, trying to restart mysqld
just creates a monster mysqld eating the cpu and nothing
short of a reboot fixes the problem...

Ideas ?

P.S. It's a test machine so I "can live with it" ;)

--
Henri