Subject: Re: disk for SS20 ?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.DynDNS.ORG>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/05/2005 13:11:38
On Dec 5, 2005, at 12:54 PM, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:

> The disk in my SS20 died a few weeks ago (refuses to spin up).
> I put a spare 1G Sun disk in it, but it is just too noisy to leave
> running.
>
> Can anyone recommend a currently available disk that will fit in the
> SS20 and isn't too loud?   Capacity doesn't matter since I doubt one
> can get anything smaller than 4G these days.

This is the main system disk inside my HyperSPARC SS20/180, a Seagate
9 GB (model ST39173WC).  Only US $25 at

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/techno-mall/items/item.aspx?
itemid=2972632

Tons of SCSI disks for cheap on that site.

Mine's run very reliably for years now.  I'm amazed at how this SS20
and this disk drive just keep on chugging along.  I keep waiting for a
rainy LA weekend to move everything over to my Ultra 60 and retire this
thing for good, but we never get any rainy weekends  :-)

	- Greg