Subject: Re: Michael's sparcbook stuff
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael Parson <mparson@bl.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/19/2005 22:09:49
On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 10:48:48PM -0500, Michael wrote:
> Hello,

>>> Weird. Did you unpack base.tgz by hand and forgot the p flag?
>>> I have no idea how 3.0 or earlier will do with a -current kernel these days.
>>> What kind of userland do you run? 2.1?
>>
>> I grabbed the sets from your ftp area, then I grabbed the rootfs tar set
>> for netbooting 2.1 (I think...) and netbooted one of your kernels with
>> that for the rootfs.  I pointed sysinst at the sets I downloaded and let
>> that do the install.
>
> Hmm, I'm not at all sure if the kernel has COMPAT_20
> It should have COMPAT_30 though.

Well, what I wind up with is a kernel and userland from your ftp area,
so which COMPAT_x0 was set shouldn't matter by that point.  But that
might explain why the screen was so goofy during the install.

What options did you have set to give the nicer console output?  I've
booted the kernel from HEAD/200511090000Z, and it's back to the ~66x27
screen.

--
Michael Parson
mparson@bl.org