Subject: Re: wscons and XFree keyboard problems on SPARCbook 3TX
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@rvs.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/31/2005 16:04:07
On 30.10.05, 10:52:41, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > > Option "HWCursor" "no"
> > > should do it.
> >
> > Yes, I thought it should, but when I add that line, the Xserver
> > does not initialise the display at all, and hangs.
>
> Found the bug. For some reason the driver skipped loading the xaa and
> ramdac modules when using a software cursor. Must be a relic from the
> time when it didn't have acceleration, I'll commit a fix in the next few
> minutes.

Yes, seems to work now, thanks a lot. The hotfixes/workarounds for
the HWcursor mode that you commited together with the SWcursor
fixes are just workarounds to allow graceful restart of the Xserver
and/or switching back to text mode, and not a real solution yet?
I seem to be getting "funny effects" on the display still. Seems
to work ok with software cursor. So far.

Wow, a fully usable SPARCbook with 802.11b, that's just great!

I'm happy and eternally grateful ;-)

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: To serve the power.