Subject: Re: wscons and XFree keyboard problems on SPARCbook 3TX
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@rvs.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/29/2005 23:26:52
On 28.10.05, 18:59:54, Michael Lorenz wrote:

> > The good news is that -current appears to be quite stable again,
> > maybe it was due to the cache flush problem with split-I/D-cache
> > machines that was fixed recently.
>
> Indeed, thanks uwe ;)

From what I've read the bug should also be in 2.x, but all 2.x
installations I'm running are very stable, both on my two Dual-SM71
SPARCstation 20 and on my SPARCbook, whereas both 3.x and -current
were unusable. Any clue why the problem didn't bite nearly so badly
in earlier versions?

> > Keep up the good work, and thanks a lot for bringing new hardware
> > support to the Tadpole. I'm typing this via WLAN/IPSEC on the
> > SPARCbook :)
>
> Looks like the tslot driver should really go into the next release.

Yes, seems to be stable and adds substantial value (in particular,
WLAN on SPARCbook, or being able to read/write CF cards with a
PCMCIA/CF adapter.) USB would be the killer app, but I think all
USB cards are Cardbus, and not PCMCIA.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD:  No Windows or Gates, but lots of doors, portals and tunnels.
		-- Greywolf