Subject: machine hang building release & 'undefined token sbsize'
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: John D. Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/29/2005 11:26:39
With the recent fix for cpu.c, I re-sync'd with HEAD and built a new
kernel.  Lately, I've been trying to build the release sets as well, but
I've been running into some problems.

I've been running the build.sh script and passing in "-j 4" for the
maximum number of jobs to run.  This works up to a point, but after
running for many hours just fine, the build process seems stuck and the
load average drops to idle (as shown by xload).  As soon as I issue any
command, or attempt to perform any action, the machine freezes and the
load average begins increasing (as evidenced by the longer and longer
cycles of the blinking power LED--I always build with the BLINK option
for this reason).  The only way out is Stop-A and reboot from the OBP.

I've noticed some other changes to sparc-specific files since my last
update.  Maybe I got something incomplete and I should re-sync?

By way of experiment, I restarted the release build without "-j" so
there would be only one job.  This ran up until it tried to build
the bootblock, then while parsing bootblk.fth, nbfgen complained:

    undefined token sbsize

Has anyone observed either of the above phenomena?

--
John D. Baker, KN5UKS                    NetBSD     Darwin/MacOS X
jdbaker(at)mylinuxisp(dot)com                 OpenBSD            FreeBSD