Subject: 3.0_beta is STABLE after applying Valeriy E. Ushakov's patch (2.1?)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas_Hallmann <hallmann@ahatec.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/29/2005 00:36:09
Hello all,

Upgraded a turbo sparc system to 3.0_beta as of Oct 27, 2005 yesterday.
Short resume: crashoholic, even dump core on MAKEDEV.

So I got a bit of panic, .., release planed in two weeks.
After hunting the bug for a day ... I read a bit port-sparc.... great idea.

Valeriy E. Ushakov's found a bug in cpu.c triggering a bug in cache.c. disturbing cache flushing
on cpu's with disjunct instruction and data cache, i.e. sparcs ;-)

patching  3.0_beta as of Oct 27, 2005 with

	cvs rdiff -r1.192 -r1.193 src/sys/arch/sparc/sparc/cpu.c

gives a perfectly stable 3.0 beta.

Thank you Uwe! Great work. Must have been hard to find that one.

I strongly recomment pull up to 3.0.

What about 2.1? Must have the same problems.
Anybody with a fresh build?

Try Uwe's patch please!

Andreas
--
NetBSD: If you happen to have any problem with your uptime.