Subject: Re: sh core dumps
To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/20/2005 14:31:31
Valeriy E. Ushakov said:

>It seem that I can reliably reproduce the problem with devel/gmake
>after running make there I can cd to work/make-3.80 and trigger the
>bug by running ./config.status.  That gives me one or sometimes two sh
>core files (i run with kern.defcorename=%n.%p.core).  Both are from
>backticked invocation of sed.  As we get sh.core, not sed.core that
>should happen in the vforked child before exec.

I just tried this with -current source from September 26.

SS5/110

cpu0 at mainbus0: MB86904 @ 110 MHz, on-chip FPU
cpu0: 16K instruction (32 b/l), 8K data (16 b/l): cache enabled

Built with:

mk.conf:

CPUFLAGS = -mv8 -mtune=supersparc

/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/conf/RODENT:

makeoptions     CPUFLAGS="-mv8 -mtune=supersparc"

I ran config.status without any problems.

--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com
		<http://www.rmkhome.com/>