Subject: Re: Any success building a release of -current for sparc?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: John D. Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/08/2005 12:38:56
I've built a HyperSPARC-optimized release from -current sources as of
last Sunday, but newfs in the installation miniroot caught some signal
and wouldn't run.  I used the 8 Sept releng miniroot to install my
release packages and they work OK so far.

I just updated again last night and am running through the whole cycle
again.  These are native builds on my dual-ROSS-150 SS20.

Native builds of last Sunday's -current on my SS5-110 w/-mcpu=v8 build
kernels OK, but choke building userland--tripping on an internal compiler
error building pfctl:

[...]
dependall ===> usr.sbin/pf/pfctl
#   compile  pfctl/parse.o
/dsk0/nbsd/sparc/bin/sparc--netbsdelf-gcc -O2  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-traditional  -Werror -mcpu=v8  -I/usr/src/dist/pf/sbin/pfctl -include /usr/src/usr.sbin/pf/pfctl/../compat_openbsd.h  -nostdinc -isystem /dsk0/nbsd/DEST/sparc/usr/include  -c    parse.c
parse.c: In function `yyparse':
parse.c:7339: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/send-pr.html> for instructions.

*** Failed target:  parse.o
*** Failed command: /dsk0/nbsd/sparc/bin/sparc--netbsdelf-gcc -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-traditional -Werror -mcpu=v8 -I/usr/src/dist/pf/sbin/pfctl -include /usr/src/usr.sbin/pf/pfctl/../compat_openbsd.h -nostdinc -isystem /dsk0/nbsd/DEST/sparc/usr/include -c parse.c
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/usr.sbin/pf/pfctl
[...]

Once the SS20 is done rebuilding hypersparc-optimized release sets, I'll
try the SS5 builds again.

--
John D. Baker, KN5UKS                    NetBSD     Darwin/MacOS X
jdbaker(at)mylinuxisp(dot)com                 OpenBSD            FreeBSD