Subject: Re: "Bad pAUX_base" again
To: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
From: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/05/2005 14:24:01
Hi,

I have both a SS4/110mhz, ie, a microsparc II, and a SS20 with
a collection of different hypersparc processors.

On the SS4 I get the Bad pAUX_base complaint when starting a program
somewhat often.  On the cron job that I run every 10 minutes I'll get
the complaint a dozen or so times a day.

The other problem, though it might be the same, is that /bin/sh
cores pretty often.

Take the hard disk out of the SS4 and drop it in the SS20 and the
problem goes away.  The SS20 is rock solid, the ss4 was never quite so
solid.

My conclusion from the above would be that there is something
ever so slightly special about the Microsparc II which NetBSD
is not quite getting right.  No I don't have an idea beyond that.

cheers

bruce

--
edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org