Subject: ss5 & blinking power led
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Dimitris Tsifakis <w123@dodo.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/20/2005 10:56:40
When I compiled 2.0.2 a few weeks ago on my ss5 (70MHz) and it worked well.
I got a blinking light, which was good to me because I could see straight
away that the kernel is still alive (i don't have a console on that box).

Then I upgraded my ss5 to a TurboSPARC ss5. The kernel remained the same. I
realised straight away that the led doesn't blink like it used to anymore. I
though it might have something to do with the different clock speed. Anyway,
today I noticed that the led blinking quite fast. I logged in thinking that
there must be something that hogging the CPU or something else has gone
wrong. The server seemed to be fine, the load was minimal as usual. I didn't
spend more time as I had to leave for work.

Any ideas?

cheers
dimitris

Message sent using Dodo