Subject: Re: DBRI audio
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Mike Parson <mparson@bl.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/15/2005 23:41:12
On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 12:19:01AM -0400, Michael wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:34:35 -0400
> Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> based on Jared's work I finally have a working DBRI audio driver. So
> far
>> it's output-only and I didn't test it with anything else than 16bit
>> stuff ( read: mpg123 ), 8 bit should work but no guarantee.
>>
>> You can get a testkernel here:
>>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/macallan/sparc/SPARCbook3GX_07_15.bz2
>>
>> The codec doesn't offer lots of things to play with so the mixer only
>> allows to set master volume and enable/disable the speaker, headphone
>> and line out.
>
> Here
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/macallan/sparc/GENERIC_dbri_07_15.bz2
> is another testkernel - just GENERIC + DBRI audio.
> Please test it - if the driver doesn't attach please tell me which name
> the DBRI has in your device tree, so far it recognizes SUNW,DBRIs3 and
> SUNW,DBRIe - I'm not sure which of them need what kind of special
> handling, the one in the SPARCbook ( SUNW,DBRIs3 ) needs to be powered
> up via auxiotwo before it can be used.

It gets detected:

NetBSD 3.99.7 (GENERIC) #0: Fri Jul 15 22:49:29 EDT 2005
	ml@Inishowen:/stuff/build/obj_sparc/sys/arch/sparc/compile/GENERIC
total memory = 65200 KB
avail memory = 59788 KB

<snip>

dbri0 at sbus0 slot 2 offset 0x40 level 9
dbri0: waiting to power up... done
dbri0: onboard CS4215 detected
dbri0: cs4215 ver 2 found at offset 0
audio0 at dbri0: half duplex, mmap

And I compiled mpg123 out of pkgsrc, but when I try to play anything, I
get nothing but silence.

Did I miss something?

--
Michael Parson