Subject: Re: Random segfaults
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/28/2005 10:22:22
On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 10:17:03PM +0000, Rui Paulo wrote:

> I'm getting some random segfaults/bus errors/memory faults on my dual
> SPARCstation-20. I did a full check at the Open Boot PROM and it reported
> everything functional, so I'm guess this isn't hardware fault.

Maybe, maybe not.  The prom tests are, at best, cursory.  You could
still have a memory fault (or worse, a main board fault).

> Also,
> I didn't had any problems with 2.0/2.0.2/2.0_STABLE.

Maybe the problem developed after you upgraded (I had the same thing
happen with solaris on an e250... seemd to run sol 8 fine but put sol
9 on it and it would blow up with random seg faults... turned out to
be the main board was faulty)

--
Brett Lymn