Subject: Re: SPARCbook and PCMCIA
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Mike Parson <mparson@bl.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/27/2005 12:45:30
On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 06:52:51PM +0200, Bernd Sieker wrote:

>>> =) Still faster than my VAX3100 or Amiga 3000 (IIRC, it took 8 days to
>>> build the 1.6.2 kernel on my VAX).
>>
>> True, these make a microSPARC II look fast ;)
>
> Not to mention the 170MHz TurboSPARC in my 3TX, which beats the
> 75MHz SuperSPARC-II for many tasks that don't especially benefit
> from the SS-II's 1MB Cache.

$ psrinfo  -v
Status of processor 0 as of: 06/27/05 12:42:53
  Processor has been on-line since 05/29/05 22:45:20.
  The sparc processor operates at 110 MHz,
        and has a sparc floating point processor.

But still, the cache would be nice. =)

> I'll have to finish a paper in the next couple of days, but will test
> the new stuff on Wednesday evening or Thursday. Perhaps it is finally
> time to do away with that awkward Ethernet Adapter cable. :)
>
> Keep up the good work!

Indeed, thank you VERY much for your hard work on this and the sparc64
stuff you're doing.

--
Michael Parson
mparson@bl.org