Subject: Re: SPARCbook and PCMCIA
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@rvs.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/27/2005 18:52:51
On 27.06.05, 12:01:38, Michael wrote:

> > > Heh, that's almost enough time to build -current on a SPARCbook ;)
> >
> > =) Still faster than my VAX3100 or Amiga 3000 (IIRC, it took 8 days to
> > build the 1.6.2 kernel on my VAX).
>
> True, these make a microSPARC II look fast ;)

Not to mention the 170MHz TurboSPARC in my 3TX, which beats the
75MHz SuperSPARC-II for many tasks that don't especially benefit
from the SS-II's 1MB Cache.

I'll have to finish a paper in the next couple of days, but will test the new stuff
on Wednesday evening or Thursday. Perhaps it is finally time to do away with that
awkward Ethernet Adapter cable. :)

Keep up the good work!

--
Bernd Sieker

#netbsd - where monks recite their internal dialogue while debugging.
		-- Bernhard Riedel