Subject: Re: fdisk missing
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/19/2005 00:49:26
On Oct 9,  2:29am, David Laight wrote:
} On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 07:29:36PM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
} > On Oct 8,  3:20pm, ryan olejnik wrote:
} > }
} > } I just wanted to note that I installed NetBSD 2.0.2 from a cd and
} > } fdisk seems to be missing in the base system.
} >
} >      Why would you expect it to be present on a sparc?  A sparc has no
} > need for it.  fdisk is for PC style disk partitioning.  Just use
} > disklabel on your sparc.
}
} USB, floppies etc ...

     One doesn't normally partition floppies since they are so small.
I suppose one could partition a USB device, but it isn't done very
often.  Anyways, you could just grab the source for fdisk and compile.
Of course, it may require some i386 specific header files.

}-- End of excerpt from David Laight