Subject: Re: local-mac-address setting
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/15/2005 15:54:50
On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 11:21:17PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 03:01:13PM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> > local-mac-address?=true
> >
> > But both cards have the same MAC address:
> >
> > # ifconfig le0 | grep address
> >         address: 08:00:20:11:fd:8d
> > # ifconfig hme0 | grep address
> >         address: 08:00:20:11:fd:8d
>
> Do both have a "local-mac-address" property with a different mac adress?

I'm not sure I know what you mean by that. Is there more to the eeprom
setting local-mad-address than true or false? Or do you that the
hardware has to have it's own optional MAC (in additional to the host
MAC) for the eeprom setting to work? If so, I'm not sure how to check
... it's the onboard NIC of a SS20 and a SunSwift card.

-T

--
The problem of leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
	- Muad'Dib, from the Oral History