Subject: Re: Fallen at the first hurdle...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jeff=5FW?= <beaker@freeshell.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/13/2005 10:12:36
> >After waisting too many hours (and cursing too much), I've decided to never
> >try and boot Suns from floppy again..

I've successfully "updated" to newer versions simply by downloading and
untarring the new sets to their appropriate places.  You can also boot
off any Sun-compatable external CDROM drive.  Personally, I've not had
the floppy issues that others report, but I tend to create the disk
images on Windozes.  Using older floppies seems to help too - the new
ones are very poor quality.  Goodwill and the like often have tons of
old floppies, often for free.

Cheers,
Jeff