Subject: Re: Fallen at the first hurdle...
To: David Ross <arragon@lineone.net>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/13/2005 16:08:01
On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 02:38:05PM +0100, David Ross wrote:
> "Cannot load netbsd: error=79"

If my understanding is correct, this is "Inappropriate file type or
format". Probably a bad floppy or floppy drive.

> I've tried to goggle this, but the only things similar seem to relate too
> the root disk, which suggested that maybe this is a floppy read error?

After waisting too many hours (and cursing too much), I've decided to never
try and boot Suns from floppy again. It may take a few hours to configure,
but it's well worth your while to setup an environment to network boot
them. Follow the instructions in the installation guide and you should be
all set.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mj.turner.org.za/