Subject: Fallen at the first hurdle...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Ross <arragon@lineone.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/13/2005 14:38:05
Well cannot believe I'm in trouble already.

I am trying to "renovate" an IPX.  It is/was running NetBSD 1.4.1 and I'm
basically planning to stick in a new disk an load on 2.0.2 from scratch.
Anyway, have used rawrite to create the two boot floppies.  The first is in
and I just type "boot floppy" at the OpenBoot prompt and things look to be
going okay.

I get Booting netbsd, but after a little while (and the spinning progress
bar) I then get:

"Cannot load netbsd: error=79"

I've tried to goggle this, but the only things similar seem to relate too
the root disk, which suggested that maybe this is a floppy read error?

Any pointers as to next steps appreciated.

David