Subject: Watchdog reset (still)
To: NetBSD SPARC port <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/11/2005 01:41:12
Okay, sorry about that.  Had to verify everything.

qfe (4xhme) card is fine.  I removed it from the system and booted
the cross-compiled kernel that I built a while ago.

It watchdogs anyway, right at the point where hme0 attaches.

Yes, I still need to build a debugging kernel.  Probably sometime
tomorrow, and then I can find out what's going on for sure.

My bet right now is on gcc generating faulty code.  If I build the kernel
with the compiler that was cross-compiled, it generates the same faulty
code.  I should see what a stock install does with a kernel.

If it's not gcc, the hme driver must be extremely fragile, but I can't
think why.

But to sum up, it's not the card.  I have an FAS/E card on another
sbus slot, and it triggers the same behaviour.  Go figure.

				--*greywolf;