Subject: Re: Continuing problems with SS20 and 512Mb of Ram
To: Christopher Sean Hilton <chris@vindaloo.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/08/2005 10:56:32
On Sat, 7 May 2005, Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:

> I'm beginning to think that I've played with this enough. I cannot get a
> stable NetBSD 2.x.x box running on this hardware. It has an uptime of
> about 2 days before I must reboot it because it constantly throws
> sbrk ... error 12 at me. I've attempted to get it stable enough to build
> a new kernel with NKMEMPAGES set appropriately but the kernel's all fail
> to boot.

 	Could you try the kernel at:
 	    http://abs.spodding.com/sparc/netbsd.bz2
 	Its built from 2_STABLE sources and the config is at
 	    http://abs.spodding.com/sparc/config

 	It has NKMEMPAGES_MAX increeased to 5120, which I needed to run
 	on a NFS server with 256MB of memory. If you still have problems
 	another useful data point would be to go down to 256MB for a
 	while to see if the problem goes away