Subject: sbrk ... error 12 (Was: Sparc advice)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher Sean Hilton <chris@vindaloo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/06/2005 17:25:44
Hi,

I asked for advice regarding a problem with Sparc stability. My problem
was that the machine got unstable after a few days of running and
userland process would through exceptions during the sbrk system call.
The advice I was given was to bump the number of KMEM pages in a new
kernel. E.g. options NKMEMPAGES=5120. I'm in the process of doing this
but my investigation shows that there are two kernel defines:
NKEMEMPAGES_MIN_DEFAULT and NKMEMPAGES_MAX_DEFAULT. On the sparc both of
these values default to 6Mb. Does anyone know how to actually tune this
value?

-- Chris