Subject: Re: hardware TCP/UDP checksum support for hme?
To: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/05/2005 22:05:53
In message <20050505221319.GB27416@shrubbery.net>, you write:

-> Thu, May 05, 2005 at 02:33:11PM -0700, Erik E. Fair:
-> > This suggests that hme has such support, and examination of the
-> > source code seems to suggest that it's there, but maybe not entirely
-> > functional, because ifconfig(8) doesn't show the capability bits as
-> > settable...
-> >
-> > Anyone know what's going on here?
->
-> It does work for me, on sparc64.  There isnt anything I am aware of
-> that would prevent it from working for sparc.

Ditto here; or at least it lets me turn things on, and doesn't croak after,
so I assume it DTRT ;-)

-> My kernel is prior to the most recent change of/to these flags.  I'd
-> suggest that you ensure your kernel source is up to date and file a PR
-> if it doesnt work.

I'm still on the hook to send a pullup request of that fix (from the commit
you quoted) for 3.0, but I've had little time to do NetBSD stuff other than
when something on one of my systems breaks... I'll try to get to this RSN.

But it should work in -current.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@pobox.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill