Subject: hardware TCP/UDP checksum support for hme?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/05/2005 14:33:11
So, I've been busy with other things until recently, and now that I
have some time, I've been catching up on my NetBSD mailing lists. A
tantalizing tidbit was in source-changes from March:

| Module Name:	src
| Committed By:	rafal
| Date:		Thu Mar 17 15:51:28 UTC 2005

| Modified Files:
| 	src/sys/dev/ic: hme.c

| Log Message:
| Fix typo in HW checksum code -- check for TCP & UDP HW checksumming being
| enabled rather than TCP twice.

| To generate a diff of this commit:
| cvs rdiff -r1.49 -r1.50 src/sys/dev/ic/hme.c

This suggests that hme has such support, and examination of the
source code seems to suggest that it's there, but maybe not entirely
functional, because ifconfig(8) doesn't show the capability bits as
settable...

Anyone know what's going on here?

	curious,

	Erik <fair@netbsd.org>