Subject: Re: Cannot load netbsd 2.0 installation kernel on sparc SS1+ with
To: Jonathan Groll <jonathanjg@wo.co.za>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/04/2005 14:55:36
[Thus spake Jonathan Groll ("JG: ") 11:10pm...]

JG: I can't seem to find a reference that will tell me what a "/Cannot load
JG: netbsd: error=27"/ means. Is it lack of RAM as I suspect? If so, if I
JG: max out this machine to 40MB (is that the max?) do you think that will
JG: be sufficient RAM?

<sys/errno.h> says:

#define	EFBIG	27	/* File too large */

JG: Cannot load netbsd: error=27

JG: Thanks in advance for any insights you may have,
JG: Jonathan Groll.

Sounds like it's trying to load a kernel which is larger than
4MB, though I've forgotten exactly why this particular number
poses a problem...

				--*greywolf;
--
If anyone requests a reason as to why Windows NT is inferior to UNIX,
refer them to the process scheduler, for starters.  Of course, users