Subject: Re: "couldn't ping cpus" error when starting X
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/04/2005 07:46:27
On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 09:39:56PM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> I'm working on a friends SS20, which I've added a bit of RAM to
> (64MB->96MB) and updated it to NetBSD 2.0.2 with the GENERIC-SMP
> kernel. Everything boots normally and seems fine, except that when I run
> startx I get:
>
> xcall(cpu1,0xf0287c50): couldn't ping cpus:cpu0

Following up on this, I left the box over-night and it died with a
similar error at some point -- I discovered this in the morning, so I'm
not sure exactly what was happening when it died (though the launch of
/etc/daily seems a likely time). So it no longer appears to be
specifically an X issue.

-T

--
"I'd like to see distributing timesharing, so that all these people with
 *way* too much time on their hands could donate some to us people with