Subject: Re: continuing sh problems
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Henry Nelson <netb@yuba.kcn.ne.jp>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/01/2005 18:05:49
On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 10:24:58PM -0600, Rick Kelly wrote:
> I have a problem with sh dumping core (signal 11), Nothing else dumps core.

I somewhat hate to post, but maybe it's not a total coincidence.  I
installed 1.6.2 on an i386 (Celeron533), but couldn't get it to boot
after adding some better (PC66 => PC100) memory modules in the machine
because sh would core dump when the nic was beginning to be configured.
Totally a hardware problem since changing the CAS timing from CL=3 to
CL=2 solved the problem.  Still, it struck me that the boot stopped
everytime in the same place with a core dump by sh.  (There was indeed
a /sh.core file, when I finally got into the machine.)

henry nelson