Subject: Re: Bad pAUX_base
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Andreas_Hallmann <hallmann@hallhard.darktech.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/12/2005 13:13:37
On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 02:03:29AM -0600, Rick Kelly wrote:
> Rick Kelly said:
>
> >What is "Bad pAUX_base" and what causes it? Hardware problem?
> >
> >The box is an SS5/110 with 96 megs of memory.

I'm getting thestrong impression, that we have some micro sparc II problems here.
I had a SS4/110Mhz 96 MB here, which run 2.0 from the first beta's to 2.0.1.
It stayed instable. With 2.0.1 (compiled for v8) I even was not able to compile
a simple package like pkg_install. (dumping core in sh -- search mailing list)
But exactly same 2.0.1 v8 release build work perfect on a turbo sparc here.

I tried the find the proplem, but decided to read my McKusick first ;-))
Since the is my dual headed X front machine --- I needed to downgrade to 1.6.2. compiled for v8.
Now it runs perfectly stable -- like NetBSD used to.

So it does not seam to be a machine issue.

--
NetBSD: If you happen to have any problem with your uptime.