Subject: Re: Sun4m binaries
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: None <lachlan.kanaley@net.homeunix.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/07/2005 08:34:36
On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 10:01:24PM -0400, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I finally succeeded (cross-)building a -current userland for my
> SPARCbook, everything is compiled with -mcpu=v8 -mtune=v8 -O2, works
> fine so far. In case it's useful for others you can get it here:
> http://macallan.homeunix.org:6704/stuff/BSD/sparc/snapshots/20050402/
> No new GENERIC kernel yet, but a few can be found here:
> http://macallan.homeunix.org:6704/stuff/BSD/sparc/
>
> have fun
> Michael

Hello,

I am running a sparcstation 5 and was wondering about this the other
day; are the binaries found on the website compiled for the v7
processors?  CFLAGS = -0?  I guess more generally how do you find out
what the compile flags are for a particular architecture?

If the above is true, did doing this make any noticable difference to
the speed of things like ssh?  If so I might put the p4 to some good use
:)

cheers,

- Lachlan

--