Subject: qfe X1049A
To: NetBSD SPARC port <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/05/2005 16:20:21
Greetings,

I just acquired a SBus QFE card -- 4 ports of 10/100 FDX goodness,
slow roasted to perfection, lemon scented, etc. -- for the princely
sum of $100.  Not a bad deal, I thought.

Each port apparently has its own MAC, and it's listed right on the
quadport on the back of the card (less the 8:0:20, of course).

My 1.6 kernel picks them up -- with the global system MAC address,
of course, since it can do aught else.  This is why I was trying to
rebuild the kernel (see my other post).

I have a question:

I cannot seem to find the .properties of this card (".properties"
is not a recognized command; what's the other one that does the same
thing on older EEPROM/NVRAMs?  I have version 2.29, which is required
to run this card (it requires 2.20 or later)).  I typed "words", and
"local-mac-address" did not show up anywhere on the card, although
the word "create-macid" showed up.

Will the current driver be able to extricate the addresses from the
card and use them?  [oh PLEASE say "Yes"!  I'm trying to solve the problem
I currently have with routing four separate addresses thru one interface!
I mean, yeah, aliasing works, but it's making me kind of uncomfortable...]

				--*greywolf;
--
After 5 PM please slip brain through slot in door.