Subject: Re: SPARCbook and wscons
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Mike Parson <mparson@bl.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/03/2005 17:07:49
On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 05:55:40PM -0400, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> Hey, that's some verbose output... =)
> I warned you ;)
>
>>> It contains...
>>> - experimental PCMCIA support. PLEASE test it, the only PCMCIA card I
>>>   can find right now is an unsupported PRISM3 wlan card.
>>
>> I've got 2 PCMCIA cards, a 3COM 3C589D and a PQI PCMCIA->CF adapter.

>> Down below is the dmesg after inserting and removing each of the cards,
>> both top and bottom slots for the 3Com, just the bottom slot for the
>> flash reader.  The flash reader looks like it might have worked had the
>> /dev/wd* entries been there.

> Hmm, the disk looks a bit too big. The 3com probably didn't work
> because the driver still gets endianness wrong.

> This one is more interesting..
>> wd0 at atabus0 drive 0tslot0: interrupt on socket 0 ir 931 sts 8f23
>> : <i51nA adtpre>
>> wd0: drive supports 1-sector PIO transfers, chs addressing
>> wd0: 49152 MB, 50435 cyl, 4096 head, 8192 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 100663296 sectors

Hrm, didn't read that part very closely.

To be full and proper here, this is a 256 meg SD card in a 5-in-1 CF
adapter, which is plugged into the PCMCIA->CF adapter.  It works fine
under Solaris 2.6, Windows XP, and Linux.  Wonder why its showing up as
a ~50 gig?! card?

I don't have current access to any NetBSD boxes with PCMCIA slots.

--
Michael Parson
mparson@bl.org