Subject: Re: SPARCbook and wscons
To: None <bsieker@rvs.uni-bielefeld.de>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/03/2005 14:35:36
Hello,

> > - experimental PCMCIA support. PLEASE test it, the only PCMCIA card I can find right now is an unsupported PRISM3 wlan card.
>
> I tested it on my SPARCbook 3TX (which is basically a 3GX with
> faster CPU and capability for more RAM) with a D-Link DWL-650 with
> Prism 2.5 chipset. An identical card works fine with NetBSD/hpcmips
> and NetBSD/i386. It is detected but doesn't attach completely, see
> the log:
>   http://nuxi.homeunix.org/NetBSD/sparc/dmesg-PCMCIA.log
Thanks :)

Hmm, the memory dump at [unmap io] is empty - it should show your card's registers. Could you please try again with the card in the lower slot? Apparently I made some mistake and slot 1 doesn't use the right address range.

> I did not boot multiuser on my 2.0.2 userland.
It should work though, at least my 2.0 userland works just fine.

> Looks very promising so far, thanks a lot. Time to go -current on
> my Tadpole, soon, I guess.
I'm still fighting my U10 to cross-compile a sparc32 userland...

have fun
Michael