Subject: re: NetBSD 2.0 and bind 9.3.x
To: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/17/2005 19:30:12
   On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 03:49:41PM -0700, Rick Kelly wrote:
   > The problem, as I understand it, is that if a threaded application swaps
   > out then the system dies. If this is still true, then I might as well keep
   > running NetBSD 1.5.4 on my nameserver. It just works and never goes down.

   Yes, that's how I understand the problem too. Alternatively, you could run
   bind 8 in the interim until you've built 2.01 (as I'm doing).

well - if you don't use the *native* pthreads on 2.0 or whatever
you won't have the problems discussed.  if you build things against
PTH or whatever, it should work as well as any older release.

.mrg.