Subject: Re: NetBSD2.0/sparc not ready for prime time?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/25/2005 15:03:38
>> There is another limit, in that Sun labels have only 32 bits for
>> partition size in sectors and only 8 partitions, which imposes a
>> limit of 32GB usable space,

As various people have noticed, this is nonsense; I forgot to multiply
by the sector size.  The actual limit implied here is
8 partitions/label * 2^32 sectors/partition * 512 bytes/sector, or
16TB.  While this is still a lot lower than the approximately 128PB
limit imposed by the c/h/s values, it's well over even modern
single-drive sizes.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign